Data protection evaluations
Regardless of whether your operations relate to the online advertising sector, the provision of technology services, the healthcare sector, the telecommunications sector or some other branch of industry, compliance with data protection legislation is increasingly a key issue for consumers, and one which is also increasingly subject to monitoring by data protection agencies. In addition to German law (e.g. the BDSG), regard must also be had to the new provisions of EU law, as well as numerous national initiatives or sector-specific self-regulatory measures.
What are the benefits to you of obtaining a data protection evaluation by ePrivacy?
- An ePrivacy data protection evaluation documents the current extent of your compliance with the applicable legal framework conditions and identifies any room for improvement
- In this manner, data breaches and the associated subsequent financial losses and loss of reputation can be avoided
- It will enable you to verify whether your digital product or your service complies with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation
- An evaluation already prepared by us will serve to expedite any subsequent certification process e.g. with the ePrivacyseal
- It will enable you to verify, in the run-up to the implementation of any expansion measures, whether and to what extent products or services must be modified in line with other national legal systems
- In the context of the use of company apps, you will be able to identify any areas of weakness in the programming at an early stage and have these rectified well ahead of the market launch
What data protection evaluations does ePrivacy provide?
ePrivacy offers the following types of evaluations:
- Technical reports
- Legal opinions
- OBA certification
- Technical and legal appraisals of apps following the carrying out of our extensive audit procedure
- Provision of assistance in the carrying out of data privacy impact assessments (DPIAs)
Please feel free to contact us - we will be happy to advise you!
Chief Privacy Officer, TUNE, Inc.
As a US data processor that works with numerous EU and German clients, the ePrivacyseal certification and ePrivacy’s guidance has been particularly valuable.