ePrivacy advises companies in the online marketing context in cases in which stringent requirements as to data protection and data security have to be met. Certification in the form of the recognized ePrivacyseal data protection seal will be possible where a product complies with German or European data protection legislation to an exemplary degree. ePrivacy awards EDAA-OBA certification specifically to providers of online behavioral advertising services in co-operation with the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA).
What is online marketing?
Where a company focuses on consistently aligning all of its activities with the current and future demands of the market, the measures taken by it are generally referred to as marketing. Online marketing makes use of the Internet for promotional purposes. Buyers are addressed directly through branding, i.e. the development of a brand as a persuasive means of showcasing a company, or by means of performance marketing, which involves the use of online marketing tools with a view to prompting a gaugeable reaction on the part of, or the entering into of a transaction with, users.
Key online marketing measures comprise:
- Corporate website
- Search machine marketing, i.e. index listing by means of search machine optimization and search machine advertising through keyword advertising.
- Display marketing
- E-mail marketing
- Online PR
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Mobile marketing
Personal data is collected in the context of most of the aforementioned applications. The applicable provisions of data protection regulation must be complied with in the context of the collection, processing, transmission and storing of this data.
CEO, AdAudience GmbH
ePrivacy has supported us and our network of sales houses in the best way regarding the OBA Certification.
Why is it a good idea to obtain advice or certification in the form of the ePrivacyseal?
- Products can from the outset be developed in such a manner as to ensure their compliance with currently applicable legislation ("privacy by design").
- The need for any subsequent amendments in line with data protection regulations can be dispensed with.
- Data breaches and the associated subsequent financial losses and loss of reputation can be avoided.
- Obtaining certification demonstrates our customers' commitment to data protection as a means of building trust.
Services provided by ePrivacy with regard to online marketing products
ePrivacy will assist you in designing your products, technologies and services in line with the stringent requirements imposed by applicable data protection legislation. We will help you and your employees to ensure the secure handling of customer and user data.
Please feel free to contact us - we will be happy to assist you!